lundi 23 avril 2018

Oath of the Farmer

Following the essay on the "Oath of Parents", here is another essay for a "Farmer's Oath" based on the same model of the Hippocratic oath, because the farmer is the one who produces the bricks of the human body, which is the equivalent of a mother conceiving her child. There is no health without healthy foods. If the doctor, who does the secondary act of treating, must take an oath, why should the farmer who performs the essential act of producing the bricks of the human body not take an oath?

The farmer must work hand in hand with the dietician, the doctor, and, of course, the parents. The doctor should only intervene to treat the consequences of the initial defects of the body and not the defects due to bad foods.

If there is an oath of Hippocrates, there must be an oath of the Farmer.

Beginning of the oath of the Farmer:

At the moment of being admitted to exercise the profession of a farmer, I promise and I swear to be faithful to the laws of honor and probity.

My first concern will be to ensure that the food produced is healthy, to preserve or promote the health of people in all its elements, physical and mental, individual and social.

I will respect the soil. I will respect animals. I will respect the ecology. I will respect biodiversity. I will respect humans. I will respect Nature as a whole.

I will never deceive the trust of people. Even under duress, I will not use my knowledge against the laws of humanity.

I will not use any artifice to increase production. I will not be swayed by the thirst for gain or glory.

I will preserve the independence required for the fulfillment of my assignment. I will not undertake anything that goes beyond my skills. I will maintain and improve them to ensure the best services that will be requested to me.

Producing food being a necessary social act, participating in the general mutual aid, I will help other peasants and their families in the face of adversity.

May men and my colleagues give me their esteem if I am faithful to my promises; may I be dishonored and despised if I lack it; may Justice condemn me if I lack it.

(Note: Oaths are said by individuals, but as they say oaths, the Nation itself would have to take an oath to those who work for her, to ensure they can live correctly. There cannot be an individual oath without a national counterpart.)


End – E. Berlherm

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire